Rochester Grammar School Alumni Association or, as it was previously known, Rochester Grammar School Old Girls Association (RGS OGA) is run by Alumni for you.
We endeavour to promote and maintain links with past pupils and support present pupils. A great many Alumni keep in touch with each other and play a continuing part in the development of the School. We have a very active mentoring scheme in place and members provide help for the pupils as they plan to go on to university and work. The school would welcome you to become a part of it.
Through our database we are able to put Alumni in contact with each other, although no personal details are disclosed without permission.
We have a Committee, and we are always ready to welcome any Alumni who wish to join us. We would love your views on how we can improve your Alumni Association and make it work for you. We meet two or three times a year and are always on the lookout for new members of the association and committee.
Becoming a lifetime member of the Alumni Association costs only £30, and brings with it a host of benefits, as listed below:
- Members receive the interesting and informative annual newsletter by email or post.
- Members are invited to attend the AGM, where they are entitled to vote on any motions.
- Members are invited to attend the annual lunch at a reduced price.
- In addition to the annual newsletter, members receive interim communication regarding important school events and news.
- Members are invited to attend school functions, for example dance and drama productions, sports fixture finals, music concerts and charity events, free of charge or at a reduced ticket price.
- Members are invited to purchase any memorabilia offered by the school (books about the history of the school, music recordings etc) at a reduced price.
- New members now receive an attractive RGS pin badge, awarded at their first members’ event. These beautiful badges are also available for existing members to purchase at the Annual Lunch.
If you are not yet a member, please do consider joining us. Through the Association you can support the life of the current school community, while also reminiscing about the School you enjoyed in the past.
The Alumni Association hosts its AGM at the School each Autumn, and this is followed by a lunch to which all alumni are welcome. This is a great opportunity to catch up with your peers and take a tour of the School to marvel at the current facilities. You do not have to be a member to attend and we would very much like to share this occasion with as many alumni as possible.
For more information, please email email@example.com with your details, including your years at the School. We also maintain a non-members electronic mailing list so that all alumni can keep in touch with the School and the Association.
We have a Facebook group and we are @RGSKentAlumni on twitter
For further information about the Association, membership and upcoming events, please contact:
We securely process the name, time at RGS and contact details of members for our own purposes and for the legitimate interest of our group. If you wish to update your details, be removed from our mailing list or to have your data deleted at any point please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at which point we will permanently delete your details.