At the RGS, we feel that students have an entitlement to:
Kirsten, Year 7
- High quality teaching and a curriculum that meets their needs
- Nurturing their creativity originality and integrity as highly valued attributes
- High quality advice and guidance in relation to learning choices
- Personal and academic support
- To be listened to and responded to
- A safe and secure learning environment
- Preparation for life-long learning, employability and well-being
We also expect that students:
- Support the school’s ethos of high expectations
- Adhere to the School’s code of Conduct, based on Respect
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the school.
Care, support and guidance at The RGS is organised through the House structure with a Head of House and within each House vertical form groups mixing Year 7 to Year 12. Each form has a lead student which has proved hugely successful, students constantly tell us how much better forms are and how they support each other and feel part of a family of learners. It is one reason why we have such a wonderful community spirit within the school.
In this section
Throughout the academic year we offer a range of different clubs and activities to students, both at recreation times and after school.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme helps young people to plan and undertake their own programmes of activity, to develop mentally, physically and emotionally. The Rochester Grammar School provides the opportunity for Year 9 students to take part in…
SEND Information This page provides information about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities support available for students attending the Rochester Grammar School. Information about Medway’s Local offer can be found here https://www.medway.gov.uk/info/200139/social_care_and_health/466/medway_s_local_offer/1 This includes information about all the support they…